Dr. P. Nagarajan
Research Interest:Summary of Research:
Laboratory animals, Animal models, Metabolic Disease
My major activities include care, breeding and health of laboratory animals used in research. Other area of interest includes the study on animal models for metabolic syndrome and related diseases.
- Kumar MM, Arindkar S, Saini M, Nagarajan P. Transcriptomic and pathological profiling of a new congenic mouse model with Lepr mutation: Evaluating susceptibility to the development of obesity and NAFLD. Genes & Diseases. 2023 Jun 21.
- Singh, Parminder, et al. "Taurine deficiency as a driver of aging." Science 380.6649 (2023): eabn9257.
- Mohan, K. V., Sinha, P., Swami, B., Muniyasamy, A., Nagarajan, P., & Upadhyay, P. (2023). Microdissection of the Rodent Eye. JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments), (194), e64414.
- Garg A, Alam M, Bai S, Dandawate M, Kumari N, Gupta S, Agrawal U, Nagarajan P, Reddy DS, Kulkarni MJ, Mukhopadhyay A. Protective Effects of Rifampicin and Its Analog Rifampicin Quinone in a Mouse Model of Obesity-Induced Type 2 Diabetes. ACS Pharmacology & Translational Science. 2023 Jan 12;6(2):253-69.
- Kumar, Suresh, Nagarajan Perumal, P. K. Yadav, Ramendra Pati Pandey, Chung-Ming Chang, and V. Samuel Raj. "Amoxicillin impact on pathophysiology induced by short term high salt diet in mice." Scientific Reports 12, no. 1 (2022): 19351.
- Mohan, K.V., Mishra, A., Muniyasamy, A., Sinha, P., Sahu, P., Kesarwani, A., Jain, K., Nagarajan, P., Scaria, V., Agarwal, M. and Akhter, N.S., 2022. Immunological consequences of compromised ocular immune privilege accelerate retinal degeneration in retinitis pigmentosa. Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases, 17(1), p.378.
- Aggarwal, S., Trehanpati, N., Nagarajan, P. and Ramakrishna, G., 2022. The Clock‐NAD+‐Sirtuin connection in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Journal of Cellular Physiology, 237(8), pp.3164-3180.
- Mudgal, R., Bharadwaj, C., Dubey, A., Choudhary, S., Nagarajan, P., Aggarwal, M., Ratra, Y., Basak, S. and Tomar, S., 2022. Selective estrogen receptor modulators limit alphavirus infection by targeting the viral capping enzyme nsP1. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 66(3), pp.e01943-21.
- Yadav, V.K., Berger, J.M., Singh, P., Nagarajan, P. and Karsenty, G., 2022. Embryonic osteocalcin signaling determines lifelong adrenal steroidogenesis and homeostasis in the mouse. The Journal of Clinical Investigation, 132(4).
- Priya, Swati, et al. "CDX2 inducible microRNAs sustain colon cancer by targeting multiple DNA damage response pathway factors." Journal of cell science 134.15 (2021): jcs258601.
- Kumar, S., Yadav, P. K., Srinivasan, R., & Perumal, Nagarajan *. (2020). Selection of animal models for COVID-19 research. VirusDisease, 1-6.
- Mishra, A., Mohan, K. V., Nagarajan, P., Iyer, S., Kesarwani, A., Nath, M., ... & Sahu, P. (2020). Peripheral blood-derived monocytes show neuronal properties and integration in immune-deficient rd1 mouse model upon phenotypic differentiation and induction with retinal growth factors. Stem cell research & therapy, 11(1), 1-17.
- Evaluation of high-fat high-fructose diet treatment in factor VIII (coagulation factor)-deficient mouse model. Mishra A, Arindkar S, Sahay P, Kumar JM, Upadhyay PK, Majumdar SS, Nagarajan P. Int J Exp Pathol. 2018 Feb;99(1):46-53.
- The microRNAs miR-449a and miR-424 suppress osteosarcoma by targeting cyclin A2 expression.J Shekhar R, Priyanka P, Kumar P, Ghosh T, Khan MM3, Nagarajan P, Saxena S J. Biol Chem. 2019 Jan 24.
- Testosterone augments FSH signaling by upregulating the expression and activity of FSH-Receptor in Pubertal Primate Sertoli cells. Bhattacharya I, Basu S, Pradhan BS, Sarkar H, Nagarajan P, Majumdar SS Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2019 Feb 15;482:70-80.
- Dende C, Meena J, Nagarajan P, Nagaraj VA, Panda AK, Padmanaban G. Nanocurcumin is superior to native curcumin in preventing degenerative changes in Experimental Cerebral Malaria. Sci Rep. 2017 Aug 30;7(1):10062
- Mishra A, Das B, Nath M, Iyer S, Kesarwani A, Bhattacharjee J, Arindkar S, Sahay P, Jain K, Sahu P, Sinha P, Velpandian T, Nagarajan P, Upadhyay P A novel immunodeficient NOD.SCID-rd1 mouse model of retinitis pigmentosa to investigate potential therapeutics and pathogenesis of retinal degeneration. Biol Open. 2017 Apr 15;6(4):449-462.
- Bhattacharjee J, Das B, Sharma D, Sahay P, Jain K, Mishra A, Iyer S, Nagpal P, Scaria V, Nagarajan P, Khanduri P, Mukhopadhyay A, Upadhyay P. Autologous NeoHep Derived from Chronic Hepatitis B Virus Patients' Blood Monocytes by Upregulation of c-MET Signaling. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2017 Jan;6(1):174-186.
- Baligar P, Kochat V, Arindkar SK, Equbal Z, Mukherjee S, Patel S, Nagarajan P, Mohanty S, Teckman JH, Mukhopadhyay A Bone marrow stem cell therapy partially ameliorates pathological consequences in livers of mice expressing mutant human α1-antitrypsin.Hepatology. 2017 Apr;65(4):1319-1335.
- Shajahan A, Parashar S, Goswami S, Ahmed SM, Nagarajan P, Sampathkumar SG. Carbohydrate-Neuroactive Hybrid Strategy for Metabolic Glycan Engineering of the Central Nervous System in Vivo. J Am Chem Soc. 2017 Jan 18;139(2):693-700.